How to Patch your Metal Roof?
A sheet metal roof is one of the most durable roofing solutions for your commercial building. However, no roof constantly battered by harsh weather and other conditions is going to be spot-free. Whether it is because of rust, hail, or even a tree branch, your metal roof is bound to face minor damages at some point during its long lifetime. Luckily, a hole or tear in the sheet metal is a really simple fix. It only takes a few easy steps with the right materials.
- Remove any debris and clean the repair area
- Scruff the metal with a wire brush
- Measure the area and cut a patch of sheet metal at least a few inches past the edges of the damaged spot
- Apply sealant onto the repair area and press down the patch
- Attach the patch to the surface of the metal roof panel and use sheet metal screws to secure it down
- Paint the patch to match the color of the roof
If the roof has suffered significant damage, get a professional to examine the situation and perform the required repairs.