How to patch your TPO roof?
Some of the most common issues with rubber roofs like TPO are the tears and holes in the membrane. Luckily, this is also a really easy fix that can be done with the right materials. A tear, hole, or puncture can be repaired in a few simple steps:
- Prepare the roof surface: clean the dirt, oxidation, and carbon film that TPO leaves behind.
- Cut the patch to size: cut the TPO patch at least 2 inches beyond the damaged area.
- Prime the damaged area: apply a thin coat of primer to where the patch is going to be.
- Install the repair patch: use the adhesive to stick the patch.
- Seal the patch edges: generously apply TPO sealant around the perimeter of the patch.
If the roof has severe damage, get an expert to assess the damage and make the necessary repairs.