How to patch your EPDM roof?
One of the most common issues with EPDM roofs is tears and holes in the membrane. Fortunately, this is also a really simple fix that can be completed with the right materials: adhesive and patching materials. A tear can in the membrane can be easily repaired in a few simple steps:
- Prepare the roof surface: clean the dirt, oxidation, and carbon film that EPDM leaves behind.
- Cut the patch to size: cut the EPDM patch at least 2 inches beyond the damaged area.
- Prime the damaged area: apply a thin coat of primer to where the patch is going to be.
- Install the repair patch: use the adhesive to stick the patch.
- Seal the patch edges: generously apply EPDM sealant around the perimeter of the patch.
If the roof has severe damage, get an expert to assess the damage and make the necessary repairs.